Saturday, September 12, 2009

Last Stop on the NYBG Cricket Counting Expedition

Well, we've gone all the way around the Garden and through the center, and down by the river, and out to the Rose Garden. Right now we're near the museum building (our main building) and are hearing a goodbye song from our friends:
  • Greater Anglewing
  • Jumping Bush Cricket
  • Field Cricket
We are in an open area right now with a few speciman trees. And, being closer to the building, there is a lot more light. Another unique set of conditions that we have been encountering all evening.

As Jessica and Jim pack up, we say a big thank you in advance to Kendrick for his video coverage and Tom for his eagerly anticipated photos.

Goodnight from the blogger! Even though I am sitting in my garage in Maryland typing away, I feel like I just went on a field trip to the New York Botanical Garden! The great descriptions from the field and some time spent poking around on the NYBG website in between posts has me making a mental note to visit in person the next time I'm in NYC (actually, it will be the first time - I'm such a bumpkin).

No comments:

Post a Comment